The Vancouver Fruit Tree Project is a non-profit society. Our volunteers harvest extra fruit from backyard fruit trees and redistribute it to community groups. In the past 14 years we have picked more than 48,000 pounds (that’s over 24 tons!) of fruit and redistributed it to community centres, neighbourhood houses, daycares and other community groups. There are many available volunteer opportunities! Please feel free to contact us, and donations are welcome.
News and Events
- The VFTP FREE 15th Anniversary Party for volunteers and the community is Saturday July 26th. Come join us for food and fun at the UBC Farm from 3-7pm. For more information, read our blog!
- We are now gearing up towards the 2014 season, and are recruiting pick leaders and pickers, check out our volunteer page for more information.
- Thanks to everyone who helped make 2013 such a great season! Over 5,300 pounds of fruit harvested in 72 picks. We’re taking a break for the winter now, but see you next year, our 15th Anniversary year!
- Monthly board meetings are held at 6:30pm on the second Wednesday of the month at the Britannia Community Centre, and are open to the public.
- Minutes from our 2014 AGM are available here: AGMMinutes2014